Applications due on or before November 19, 2021
Submit via email: email@example.com
If you have questions, call ESI Management at (801) 501-9446
* All submissions will be reviewed by the Program Planning Committee and their decisions will be communicated to applicants in January 2022.
The University of Utah Department of Psychiatry, conference planners, and organizers cordially invite you to submit an abstract for the 6th Annual Addictions Update Conference, which will be held on June 2-3, 2022.
We are committed to featuring top speakers and professionals to present current topics and issues. Abstracts are requested for sessions 60 or 75 minutes in length. They may be conducted by one or more presenters. More in-depth workshops will also be considered for pre-conference intensives and may be anywhere from 2 to 6 hours. All programs should emphasize knowledge and improved clinical and practice skills.
Conference goals include the need to:
- Increase awareness and share current knowledge of critical substance use issues throughout the lifespan and to identify and define their relevance to peers, family members, business, and community and government influences
- Develop strategies to effectively promote the healthy growth and development of individuals in all developmental stages and various cultural / ethnic backgrounds who are dealing with issues of substance use, misuse, and abuse
- Provide effective working tools for professionals to properly intervene in these issues
- Familiarize participants with current policies, resources and resource needs in an environment which facilitates interdisciplinary, collaborative networking
- Provide tools for professionals to mobilize in order to develop and implement prevention and intervention programs in business, community and government